I love bubbles. I loved when my kids were little, and I had an excuse to buy the bottles to blow the bubbles all over the place… to try to connect them together, make weird shapes, watch them gently float off in the breeze…
And that’s OK. However, there are bubbles we need to stop blowing.
Regardless of what you personally believe – even those who are still living completely in fear and anger, and deny their gift of the heart – cannot deny that our world has sped up significantly over the past year. Years seem like weeks, weeks seem like days, days like hours…. It’s what’s happening with our Consciousness, and our existence.
Shift happens. (LOL… I love that t-shirt!)
As more and more of us wake up to ourselves – to our True selves – and feel our way around in Remembering our connection to the larger Universe and to the many spectacular Beings in it, the first thing (or at least one of the first things) someone is typically told is, “Make sure you set up PROTECTION before you do anything!”
The idea is this: As you do (re-)connect with the many, many other levels of consciousness besides the 3D Earth realm, you will encounter those with varying vibrational levels. Some are much, much higher, clearer, and closer to the pure Light of Creator/God/Spirit/Source – whatever is comfortable to you in terminology, and some are much, much more separate and prefer the darkness and negativity (what people call “Dark Spirits,” waywards, or just different…).
When I really started my conscious daily work in this expanded world, I will have to say I had a few interesting experiences with some entities of what many would consider the “darker” type of energy attaching themselves to me. It happens easily – it actually happened to me in a New York City subway station last summer (go ahead, joke away about the NYC subways…), when I had taken my kids for a sightseeing romp while visiting family out on Long Island! The truth is, many people who don’t even peer into our expanded Universe at all have that going on and don’t even realize it. An attached entity acts as an “energetic parasite” in one form or another, because it will feed on your personal energy in whichever way it desires (which is the purpose for it to attach to begin with); it can cause headaches, sudden sickness, or even mood swings and a change in attitude. However, if you’re aware of it, it’s actually fairly simple to get them to detach, if you know how to do it (for a quick remedy on clearing negative energies and entities, see the Spiritual Detox link under Meditation Resources on the Meditation page on this site).
So, back to the point: One of the first things everyone learns in the world of meditation and/or what many call the world of the metaphysical is how to “use protection”… think of an aura-sized balloon around you filled with Light.
However, the more I would think about this, the more I thought it didn’t feel right to me. Did I believe that I should retain my “personal space” ? Absolutely. But I would think, “Doesn’t putting a protective bubble around me make me more separate, when the quest is to remember our connection as One?”
It felt paradoxical.
So, I thought about how to best attain both goals: To retain connection, yet at the same retain my individual personal space without providing open opportunity for any energy or entity to attach to me and become parasitic.
So, this is how I started: I would start in the way that the “bubble exercise” starts: Get grounded, centered, cleansed; then focus on the pure, white Light of Creator that is within me, emanating from my heart, and feel the solidity and strength of that beautiful Light. Then I would start to push it out, throughout my physical body, then to my auric body, and beyond that. And then I would incorporate the Violet Flame, edging all of the cells, all of the Light. The key: That any Being would be welcome to enter the space of my Light – with the Light of Creator – but in doing so, would either need to match my Light, or via the Violet Flame throughout , be transformed into Light by entering into the space… thus negating any need for it to attach itself to me in a parasitic way.
That felt much better to my thinking, because now I’m emanating my individual Divinity outward, and helping to raise the vibration of any other energy, entity, or consciousness that enters “my space.” And I’m glad to welcome them in, and to connect… but without my having to sacrifice my Light in the process.
Later on, when I took ThetaHealing (see my Training page), my instructor and very good friend Linda actually talked about that in almost the same way… with the addition of setting the intention and using the word IMPERVIOUS to lower vibrations. To me, that simply puts the icing on the cake… by further strengthening my auric field! See a meditative example and an audio recording I made for any who would like to try, below in the Post-Script section!
So, instead of blowing bubbles… it’s time for us to simply emanate our energy outward, and invite others to match our vibration when they share our space… and then it’s their choice as to whether or not they go on their own merry way.
* * *
A sample of the following meditation, on audio and with Theta wave entrainment (I recorded it myself), to assist in the most productive meditation possible!
Here’s my personal example on how I run through it… and I have it set permanently, but I like the rote of doing it every morning, when I set my day… it’s just a nice touch for me. Everyone has their preferred method, so you can take what you’d like from this and just incorporate it into your meditative practice… or just the way you start your day:
- I quiet the mind, clear my thoughts, and center myself, while regulating my breathing.
- Next, I focus my attention on my heart, and see/feel my White Light of Divinity bursting forth through my heart chakra.
- I breathe into My Light, and feel it expand, wider and taller, until I can see that light through and surrounding my entire body.
- Next, I focus on a ball of Light from my heart chakra – a piece of the whole that contains my consciousness – and shoot it down my spine, out of my root chakra, and all the way down to the core of the Earth, with an IMPERVIOUS tendril of my Light still attached to my body.
- At the core of the Earth, I find a huge, glowing, spectacularly beautiful red crystal that is her heart; I connect with it and share my love and thanks to the organism of Earth that I’m a part of; then I wrap my tendril around her heart to ground me and keep me connected to her at all times, while I
- Shoot back up, through the Earth, up into my base chakra. I work my way up the chakra line of my body with my ball of Light, stopping at each chakra point to cleanse and purify it of any dunginess or clogging that may be preventing complete balance and opening. Most people start with the base chakra (considered the 1st), but I actually start at the sublevel chakra, at the ground level. I feel my ball of Light there, I send through a burst to cleanse it of dirt or clogging, see the chakra wheel start to spin, then move to the next one, upwards.
- I continue doing this until the third eye chakra, where I briefly pause to fill my head with my ball of Light, to cleanse more than just the third eye; I fill up my entire brain cavity with the light and give all the neurotransmitters what I consider a “jump” – and commanding them to full function and capacity. I envision ALL pathways connected between the left and right brain, all four sections of the brain, and I especially focus that ALL areas are active, working at 100% capacity… and that they will continue working, securing, and expanding such connections continuously and indefinitely.
- Next, I move my Light ball up to the crown chakra, and then up through the super-crown chakras, until about the 12th… and then I start shooting and expanding my consciousness through each of what ThetaHealing calls the “Planes of Existence” – the goals being to get to the 7th plane of existence, which is consciousness as part of Creator… or cognitively what we call Theta state (see my note about Theta state, below). You know you’re in Theta state, the 7th plane, or whatever when you feel nothing but peace and clarity. I know I’m there when I get that feeling, but I also feel as if I’ve circled back around, and feel consciousness expanding into everything around me while simultaneously being in the smallest particle, in the smallest spaces in between each particle within me.Some people do this visualization in a line shooting straight up from the top of the head, but I do it in outward expanding concentric circles, until my consciousness incorporates the entire Universe.
- Once in Theta state, I simply set my intentions for the day (and enjoy floating for a few moments)… The related intention here is something along the following: “Creator, it is commanded that Creator’s Light saturates every cell and in between every cell of my Being, at all levels, all lifetimes, all languages, and all auric layers… rendering my full Being impervious to attachment and depletion by any entities and energies that are of any other intention than my Divine Highest and Best Good. I also call upon the Violet Flame to edge such Light and all cells, allowing any Being to share my space, but in doing so, transforming that Being’s energy to that of Creator’s Light, as well. Thank you… it is done, it is done, it is done… and so it is.”
Then I set my intentions for the day, and carry on!
A moment about Theta state: There have been numerous studies that have shown that when the brain is in Theta state, it’s where we can consciously control healing, and where manifestation and miraculous discoveries, comprehension, and just about anything can happen with simply intention. This is a great place for meditation, because it connects the nonphysical with physical worlds.